This is THE oil blend I gift to my Mumma friends. I felt really drawn to it when I first starting using essential oils. It is Hayley Hobson’s ‘Mellow Mumma’ relaxing blend. I came across this blend when scouring through Pinterest. When I first started using essential oils, I was like you, trying to find as much information that I could! Being a stressed out Mumma of 3 very young children at the time – well… it needs to no explanation why this blend spoke to me!
As I am curious by nature, I wanted to know why these oils were included in this beautiful blend. Here is my opinion of why these beautiful oils are part of this blend. You cannot argue that they are a perfect combination for a stressed out Mumma.
- Is a combination of Wild Orange, Lemon, Grapefruit, Mandarin, Bergamot, Tangerine, and Clementine essential oils with a hint of Vanilla Absolute.
- Citrus oils are well known for their uplifting properties.
- Adding Vanilla Absolute offers a ‘creaminess’ that rounds out the powerful base notes of the Mellow Mumma blend.
- Citrus Bliss is described as the oil of Creativity, and helps to fill the heart with creativity and joy. Sometimes the drudgery of surviving the daily struggles of living with small children simply denies any possibility of creativity.
- Hawaiian Sandalwood is a beautiful tree oil that hails from Hawaii and its properties are very similar to its Indian counterpart. However, it has a slightly sweeter note which blend well with the sweetness of Citrus Bliss.
- Hawaiian Sandalwood essential oil instills feelings of calmness and emotional well-being. I think you will agree – all of us Mumma’s can use a little more of this in our lives!
- Since ancient times it has used for its powerful abilities to calm the mind and still the heart, hence it is known as the Oil of Sacred Devotion.
- It is a bushy herb from the mint family with small, pink-white flowers.
- Patchouli provides a grounding, balancing effect on emotions.
- Its rich aroma is described as a woody, musky, earthy scent and is perfectly complimented by Citrus Bliss.
- Known as the Oil of Physicality. It helps to support us in becoming fully present in our own bodies. Personally, I feel as though I am getting pulled in 4 different directions (if you include the 3 kids plus hubby!). Simply using an oil that helps to ground and remind you where you physically in the moment is a beautiful addition to this blend.
- Finally, we have Ylang Ylang and what a powerful essential oil it is! It comes from the star-shaped flowers of the tropical Ylang Ylang tree.
- It is a beautiful calming and soothing oil, which is used to promote emotional wellbeing.
- Described as the oil of the Inner Child, it encourages play and restores a childlike nature and innocence. A perfect oil to help Mumma’s reconnect to the playfulness of their kids!
I think you will agree that ‘Mellow Mumma’, is a very powerful blend. There is some very cool abilities of these oils. Two in particular. For centuries, Patchouli and Ylang Ylang have been used by the perfume industry as they combine with a person’s individual body chemistry and they change scent depending on the wearer. Mellow Mumma blend does the same thing!
In the image above, is the number of oil drops I use. The amount of oils can be halved if you choose. Add the essential oils to a 10ml roller bottle and topped up with Fractionated Coconut Oil. Why not check out my video of Making the Mellow Mumma Blend roller blend below? Then it’s time to make your own!