WHAT EXACTLY ARE ESSENTIAL OILS?
Essential oils are small organic molecules that tend to change quickly from their solid or liquid state to a gas at room temperature. They are called volatile because they change state quickly. The physical and chemical properties of the volatile aromatic compounds that compose essential oils allow them to quickly move through the air and directly interact with the olfactory sensors in the nose. Over 3,000 varieties of volatile aromatic compounds have been identified to date. The nature of an essential oil varies from plant to plant, within botanical families, and from species to species. The delicate ratio of aromatic constituents found in any given essential oil are what make it unique and give it specific benefits.
- are pure extracts from plants (50-70 times more powerful than herbs)
- nature’s defence mechanism for plants and cells
- used anciently and throughout history for health benefits
- safe, effective, affordable, and an alternative to synthetic remedies
HOW CAN ESSENTIAL OILS BENEFIT ME?
Essential oils can benefit our wellbeing in so many ways. They can assist our sense of wellbeing physically, emotionally and a spiritually, depending on the oils you choose.
WHY DOTERRA ESSENTIAL OILS?
~ Quality – doTERRA has established a standard of purity – CPTG (Certified Pure Tested Grade). The dōTERRA lab and trusted third-party labs employ the following tests to ensure that only the highest quality oils are approved for customer use:
- Organoleptic Assessment: An assessment of the appearance, colour, and aroma of each oil
- Specific Gravity: Verifies the purity and quality of each essential oil
- Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectroscopy (GC/MS): Ensures that the chemistry of each oil matches the expected chemical profile
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR): Analyses an oil’s material composition to make sure it meets dōTERRA standards
- Optical Rotation: Can help to identify synthetic additives that do not show up on other tests
- Refractive Index: Measures how light spreads through the oil to ensure it meets dōTERRA standards
- Contamination Testing: Oils are tested for harmful contaminants, heavy metals, and potentially harmful microorganisms
- Stability Testing: Helps to ensure that an essential oil will maintain its purity and efficacy for the length of its intended use
In addition to rigorous testing standards, dōTERRA uses the knowledge and expertise of a scientific advisory board that is comprised of experts in chemistry, microbiology, botany, research science, physiology, and nutritional science.
~ Plants are grown and harvested in their natural habitat. doTERRA’s commitment is outline in their belief in Co-Impact Sourcing.
~ The purest oils you can find in the world.
~ Only cents per drop
~ Available at home immediately to use as you choose.
HOW DO I USE ESSENTIAL OILS?
Essential oils can be used 3 ways. These are Aromatically, Internally (as a food additive) and Topically. doTERRA essential oils are very powerful and often a minimal amount is all that is needed.
- Inhale or use a diffuser